I was down at Cannery Row the other day and I noticed that Carmel Ridge had opened up a tasting room behind Sly McFly’s. Stopped in briefly and met Gary and Pablo. The tasting room has been open for about 1 month and is $10/flight which is on par with other Cannery Row tasting rooms. Their winery is off of Laureles Grade if you are up in that area. Tasted their 2007 Cabernet, which had mild chocolate flavors and cherry all over it. A truly enjoyable Monterey Cabernet. The grapes themselves are sourced from south of King City, San Bernabe, which explains a lot. Typically, I tend to steer clear of Monterey Cabs. A new stop for all of you post-aquarium folks!
- Win Free Tix to Party in the Hangar
- Friday Wine Funny: Physics of Swirling Wine
- Tasting Notes: Graff Family Vineyards 2009 Mourvèdre
- Fun Wine Glass
- Pessagno’s Harvest Crush 2012
- What’s Your Price Point?
- Tasting Notes: District 7 2009 Pinot Noir
- Fini! Celebration!
- Perfect Halloween Wine
- Friday Wine Funny